Friday, February 25, 2011

Mike Portnoy to drum for AVENGED SEVENFOLD throughout 2010

www.metalinjection.net
When Avenged Sevenfold announced they will spend the summer on the Rockstar Uproar tour, many wondered who would be drumming for the band? Wonder no more! After session drumming on their upcoming release, Portnoy has agreed to fill in throughout 2010.
For those of you who fear that this would get in the way of Portnoy's day job, fat chance! Portnoy commented saying “Although I wish I could stay on board with Avenged Sevenfold in a more permanent capacity, the reality is that I am committed to Dream Theater as my main priority (that is my baby after all!), and I will need to resume work with Dream Theater to start a new album at some point in 2011.”
This is certainly quite a coup for A7X and I'm sure Portnoy will have a fun time spending the summer playing to gigantic amphitheaters full of kids. Maybe some of those kids would be intrigued and end up checking out Portnoy's other gig, Dream Theater in the process.